Cannabis has become firmly embedded in most societies these days thanks to the wide-ranging legalization spreading throughout the nation. However, although most states have legalized it in one form or another, and the chorus to decriminalize it at a federal level has become louder, many folks have never actually tried the stuff. This post aims to demystify cannabis by helping you to understand six things about it, ranging from the different strains to the various consumption methods.
You Can Consume It In A Variety Of Ways
If you aren’t already familiar with the wild world of weed, you may be surprised to know that there are many more ways to consume it outside of the traditional joint. You actually have numerous options ranging from edibles to blunts like those over at https://looperverse.com/shop/blunts/, which can think of as a cannabis cigar (it’s a bit more nuanced than that, but it gives you an idea). In fact, with so many options, it can be slightly daunting for those who simply want to dabble but don’t know where to start. However, the main options for cannabis consumption include the following:
- Smoking: As mentioned, this is probably what comes to mind if you are new to the scene and is arguably still the most popular way to use the plant. However, some people don’t enjoy the effects of smoking on their throats and lungs and will opt for other less irritating choices.
- Vaping: At first glance, you can be forgiven for thinking this is similar to smoking. But on closer inspection, you are inhaling vapor rather than smoke. The key difference is that it’s less irritating but has the same immediate effect as smoking. The only downside is you need to purchase a device to heat the cannabis up to the right temperature to turn it into vapor.
- Edibles: Consumables are fast becoming the go-to option for those who want to get high sans the usual array of issues. Although edibles have been around for years (hash brownies, anyone), they have recently taken on a more sophisticated bent and include options like THC-infused olive oil and more.
- Bong: This might not be the best option for beginners, but once you are ready, a bong can provide a far more intense but smoother experience.
- Dab rig: These tend to be used by smoking aficionados who enjoy all aspects of the smoking experience. They also use the concentrate version discussed later.
Different Strains Have Differing Effects
Like all plants consumed in some way by humans, marijuana has been cultivated in such a way that there are now numerous strains, each with differing effects. There are two primary stains, with a third being a “hybrid” mixture of the two.
- Indica: This is the strain most commonly associated with cannabis, as it produces a calming, sedative sensation that is beneficial for sleep and relaxation.
- Sativa: Contrary to Indica, Sativa produces an energizing buzz that can make you more thoughtful and introspective. It’s also great if you want to head outdoors and explore nature like never before!
Most People Have A Great Experience, But Some Hate It
Cannabis can be a pretty divisive drug in that while most people thoroughly enjoy it and have a wonderful experience, others will have a terrible time and loathe it for the rest of their lives. This is perfectly OK and is like anything else in life. However, most studies agree that it is harmless for human consumption in relatively minor doses and has very few side effects. If you are still unsure, you can always discuss things with your doctor, who can explain how it interacts with your body in more detail.
It Has Some Unique Medicinal Properties
When it comes to cannabis, one of the most unique and impressive aspects is its medicinal properties. Cannabis contains chemical compounds called cannabinoids that interact with your body’s endocannabinoid system, which helps stimulate various therapeutic responses in the body. For instance, some people may find relief from muscle pain or tension with topical applications, while others may find relief from inflammation through inhalation. There are also products specifically designed for sleep and relaxation that contain higher dosage levels of cannabidiol (CBD), leading to the next point.
You Don’t Always Have To Get High
CBD has rapidly gained popularity in the last decade as people are remiss in using strong pharmaceuticals for everyday ailments. CBD has proven effective for a variety of issues ranging from pain to psychological problems, and the best part is you can use it without getting high as it contains almost no THC.
Concentrates Can Produce Different Responses
Concentrates are a highly concentrated form of cannabis and can produce different responses depending on the type chosen. Whether it’s an oil, wax, or shatter, these products are the most potent forms of the plant, and they will provide unique experiences…usually on the more potent end of the spectrum!
Cannabis-based products offer users an undeniably unique experience that can vary wildly depending on the type of product. Whether you’re looking to relax and unwind with A specific strain or unlock creative inspiration with edibles, there’s a product for every need and occasion. Understanding the different types of Cannabis-based products in detail can help you find what works best for you.